Beautiful skin can be had by anyone, but sometimes we have to work for it. A body cleansing detox may not be on the top of our beauty regimen list, but it may be the key that unlocks our potential to achieve glowing, healthy and even wrinkle free skin at any age.
Our skin is a reflection of our inner health. While creams and other topical treatments usually come to mind when it comes to glowing skin, beauty experts always tout the benefits of inner health as well as the skin care products we use. Antioxidants and Vitamin C are routinely recommended to help build collagen and fight the free radicals that can age skin, leading to premature wrinkles. So what does that have to do with a body cleanse?
Many health experts advocate a body cleansing detox to help the body rid itself of unwanted, and potentially damaging, free radicals along with other harmful, internal waste. A balanced program supports your body through nutrition and other healthy practices so that it can work at it's best. This means easily eliminating substances that may lead to dull, lackluster skin while allowing better nutritional absorption so your body can make use of the vitamins and minerals needed to keep skin supple, radiant and firm.
We now know that our bodies do accumulate toxic chemicals from industrial pollution, chemical pesticides, fire retardants, plastics and more. According to some, our bodies can become overwhelmed, causing organs and systems to become less efficient than they should be. (1) Since the skin is one of our largest organs responsible for elimination of waste, it may become lackluster due to being overburdened, especially if nutrition is deficient in any way.
1. Start your body cleansing detox with a colon cleanse by eliminating all junk and processed foods, at least for now. Support your body's natural cleansing process with a natural Herbal Fiber Blend that help your body more easily remove any waste buildup. A detox diet with clean eating recipes is the route most health advocates choose to support this process.
2. After following a colon cleanse for 2-4 weeks, supplement with nutrition which supports your body's ability to remove chemicals which may be trapped in the fatty tissue, the organs or other parts of your body. The nutritinal process is called “chelation” and is often done with natural dietary supplements such as chlorophyll or chlorella. The chlorophyll contained in this type of supplement, along with dark green foods in the diet, are said to attract toxins making them easier for your body to remove. This can prevent your body from attempting to remove them through your skin, reducing skin quality.
3. Fresh Vegetable Juice is an easy way for many to consume high quality nutrition, which may be absorbed easier than a vitamin pill. This is a great option, especially for those who don't want to worry about if they are getting enough veggies the rest of the day. And many people use juicing for healing not only skin issues, but to replenish other health deficiencies. Try combination of juice such as; carrots to promote skin's healthy glow, cucumber to aid the anti-aging process and celery, which promotes the body's natural cleansing process with it's natural balance of sodium and potassium, along with it's substantial vitamin C content to help your body manufacture collagen for firm skin.
4. Exfoliate your skin on a regular basis. This helps remove dead skin cells, which can cause dull skin if not taken care of. Exfoliation with a natural product also helps bring blood to the surface, ensuring your outer layer of skin get much needed nutrients to stay healthy and maintain it's suppleness.
5. This is a process that takes time. You cannot speed up the process or the time the body needs to dislodge or excrete excess any waste buildup. Knowing this, keep a cool head and realize that doing a little something each day to help your body will make a huge and healthy difference in one year.
After your body cleansing detox, continue to eat healthy so your skin reflects inner health and radiance. Protect your skin with a natural sunscreen as too much exposure can quickly age and deteriorate the quality of our skin's natural beauty. Also, use a healthy skin care routine that includes natural ingredients from the Earth, as these help your body and skin maintain a natural and healthy glow. And remember that simple, healthy, every-day practices shows in our skin tone and quality.
Stay up to date with the latest articles and special offers;
simply add your email below
(1) Cameron, Rochelle. "Chemicals in Household Dust May Be Linked to Obesity." EWG. Environmental Working Group, 19 Aug. 2015. Web. 12 Oct. 2015.