Enjoy Your Meals Every Time
Learning to enjoy your meals is a lost skill worth re-learning. Many people today eat on the run whether in their car, or on a 45 minute lunch break from work. This can be detrimental to our health by causing us to make wrong food choices or eating more than we think we are. Slowing down will help your mind, help your body cleanse, and help you stay on track.
Resolve to slow down and enjoy your meals by following some of these tips:
- Put all of your food on a plate. This helps you see what you are eating. Eating from a jar or package can be deceiving causing you to eat too much.
- Make your meals colorful by adding colorful veggie sides. It is true that we enjoy food more when it looks appealing.
- Prepare your food ahead of time. This helps you make good food choices even when tired. One reason we get off track is because junk or processed foods are easier to "grab" and eat, especially tempting when our energy is low. If you have a healthy food that you prepared, like fruit salad or a green salad with chopped chicken, you can make a conscious choice to reach for that instead.
- Take a healthy lunch to work. If you have lunch break, don't waste it standing in line at a restaurant. Take your lunch to a park or a nice quiet place to sit and relax while you eat. This will leave you feeling happier, less stressed and with more energy through the afternoon. This will greatly benefit any cleanse or diet.
- Take 3 deep breaths before you start eating. This will help you de-stress a little before you eat. Eating while stressed can cause digestive problems or cause you to eat too fast. Cleansing is supposed to benefit your mind as well as your body.
- Slow down and chew all your food thoroughly. This helps digestion, revs up your metabolism and strengthens your immune system all at the same time. All of these help your body cleanse.
Go to Diet and Motivation Tips Archives
Go to Member's Area
Go to Home Page from enjoy your meals