Healthy Lifestyle Tips
Creating a healthy lifestyle can be a challenge for many of us. But challenges are worth overcoming if we know the benefits will be good for us. These benefits can include helping our bodies stay strong, warding off degenerative disease, maintaining a positive outlook and extra energy needed to follow that dream of a better job or our own business! The benefits truly are numerous.
So to help you start making positive changes in your life, here is a list some guidelines to keep in mind. Use these to help on your path to a healthy lifestyle change.
- Have patience with yourself. Know that healthy lifestyle changes don’t happen overnight. Positive changes that stick will usually come slow and steady.
- Healthy food can be convenient, too. Many “fast food” choices are made because they seem convenient. Again – this is just a matter of practice.
- Chemicals in foods do affect your mental state. For example, excess mercury is associated with depression. So watch for foods that are processed with excess chemicals since these can leave you feeling worse.
- Eat whole, organic, fruits and veggies as often as possible. Organics foods are shown to have up to four times the nutrition of non-organic foods. Nutrients in food are needed by your body so that it can manufacture proteins such as serotonin and dopamine, which are needed for feelings of wellbeing. If you don’t feel well and happy – you will lose energy and may not be able to break the barrier of “lack of motivation” to make positive change.
- Limit junk or fast foods. Junk foods and processed foods lack nutrition and many even have what is referred to as a “nutrition deficit.” This means they use your existing, stored nutrients (if you have any) to digest and process the food leaving you nutritionally depleted. Pay attention to how you feel thirty minutes or an hour after eating “fast food.” Do you feel fulfilled and energetic or tired and ready for a nap?
- Stick with it. If you “fall off the wagon” don’t let it drive away without you. It’s okay to falter then get back on track. This is a natural learning process.
- Stay motivated. Do what you have to do to remember why you’re making the healthy lifestyle change. Write a list of reasons and post it where you can easily see it each day. Read magazines and books that continue to feed your brain tips and techniques to help you on your path. Listen to motivational CD’s while you’re driving. These are just a few ways to help you stay on your path.
- Cleanse your body. Cleansing helps eliminate toxins that can leave us dull and sluggish. Helping your body rid these toxins can leave you feeling more energetic and motivated.
Creating a healthy lifestyle is a novel goal. It is worth making a daily effort to get the changes in place. For many of us, cleansing is a great start to a healthy lifestyle. Cleansing can help you by eliminating chemicals, changing food attitudes and learning to make healthy food choices.
More Health Articles
Home from healthy lifestyle
Stay in Touch and Stay Healthy - Sign up for the
Free SCC Newsletter
. You will receive a password that gives you access to a member's area with exclusive articles, special offers and free downloads just for our Springclean health and cleansing community.Benefits of signing up include:
- It is totally free
- We will never sell or give away your email address
- Password access to exclusive pages and articles written just for you
- Free and special offers
- There is no obligation - you can opt-out and any time