Stress Relief and Management
Stress will affect your physical and mental health; many people need stress relief or it can jeopardize health. These modern times are becoming increasingly stressful for everyone from college students to adults trying to cope with the everyday struggles of life.
I write passionately about mental health, stress, and alternative ways to be proactive because I am passionate about complete health for all of us. The following is my background and what led me to do the extensive research I have done for the last 20 years trying to find answers. I would never try to impersonate a doctor, psychiatrist or anything of the sort. I only have a history and a passion to help others. I want to pay forward the help I have received over the years. Here's part of my story.
Mental health and stress are entwined. In fact, under times of extreme stress many people feel "insane" or like they are about to "lose it." Stress can lead to clinical depression, anxiety, nervousness, fear, irritability, and decrease in concentration, indecisiveness, mind racing or your mind going blank. This may even be diagnosed as ADD, ADHD or Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.Update May 2010: CNN Health has just reported that medical research confirmed what holistic practitioners have been saying for years; pesticides have been positively linked to ADHD in children.
- I used to have panic attacks. In college, I ended up in the ER with what I thought was a heart attack. It was a panic attack. I learned how to control it without drugs.
- I have been plagued with insomnia since I can remember. I stressed about everything. Even if there was nothing to stress about, I would find something. Imagine how bad it got when there were things to stress out about! I learned how to control all of these problems without drugs.
- Later in my late 20's, I was diagnosed with Manic Depression. These days they call it Bipolar. I have been free of the symptoms for over 20 years - and have never touched lithium or any of the other drugs they prescribed for me.
- My mother was schizophrenic from the time I was about 2 years old. I never remember her being "normal." She was going to college for dental work and was in the hands-on final phases before graduation when she became ill.
- You might think that "mental illness" and stress are not related - but they are. There are real physical reasons that may contribute to both of these.
If you suffer from anxieties, panic attacks, depression, or excessive worrying, don't rule out environmental toxins. Your body's mind and nervous system depends on a delicate internal chemical balance. Linus Pauling won the Nobel Prize for his research on how foreign chemicals can and do interfere with our natural chemical processes.
We have this ability to control our lives and our health. But we must learn the options for stress relief that are available to us. Holistic approaches are optimal as they help your body as well as your mind.
Here are a couple of stress relief programs that work:
Stress Relief & Anxiety Treatment Program
Stop Panic Attacks Now
Helping yourself manage stress is directly related to panic attacks. What you don't know can kill you. Panic attacks can dangerously raise your blood pressure, cause plaque build up in your arteries and make you dysfunctional in many areas of your life. You can stop the cycle without dangerous drugs.
More Articles on Stress Management and Stress Relief:
Whole Body Cleanse Helps Clear Toxins that may affect mental well-being
Stress Management with Nutrition
Chemicals Affect Mental Health more than you know
Stress, Depression and Exercise
Alternative Mental Health - alternatives to drugs
SpringClean Cleanse does rely on small commissions made on any products you buy on my website. Because of that, I will only tell you about products that I believe are valuable and can help.
Stay in Touch and Stay Healthy - Sign up for my free
Free SCC Newsletter
. You will receive a password that gives you access to a member's area with exclusive articles, special offers and free downloads just for our Springclean health and cleansing community.Benefits of signing up include:
- It is totally free
- We will never sell or give away your email address
- Password access to exclusive pages and articles written just for you
- Free and special offers
- There is no obligation - you can opt-out and any time
Return from Alternative Mental Health to home page
I had awesome results and felt the best I have in years!! This "how to" book gives everyday people a chance to reap the benefits of cleansing and detoxing. Cindy is highly knowledgeable and respected in this field. This "how to" guide offers an easy-to-follow plan. It's like having Cindy right there with you!
Jennifer S., Massage Therapist
Thank you for your site, I can tell you are passionate about cleansing and health, and the time you put into this site is greatly appreciated. It has helped me more than you can imagine.
Kaylin J., Los Angeles, CA
I was a client of Cindy's when she worked in the Los Angeles area. I am also one of the many people who encouraged her to put her program into writing. It was a worthy investment of my time and money and I believe it will help many others on their quest for health.
Barbara G., Massage Therapist and Nutritional Counselor