Surprisingly Healthy Pecan Pie
Who says healthy has to be boring? This healthy pecan pie recipe will satisfy your sweet tooth and is packed with healthy, raw protein, essential fats and antioxidants.
This means that not only does this pecan pie taste good, it is heart healthy, anti aging and the antioxidants are cancer fighting. Treating yourself to foods like this will definitely feed your body and soul!
This fun and surprisingly healthy recipe is attributed to Supermodel Carol Alt, who credits her still-great looks to a raw food diet.
For those who don't know, an all raw food diet consists mainly of plant foods and nothing cooked over 116 degrees Farenheit. Many people use a raw food diet to look younger, as Demi Moore did when she was preparing for her role for Charlie's Angels.
A raw diet helps your body cleanse, lose fat, aid or reset digestion and provide plenty of life-giving enzymes that are the basis of life and healthy cells. Enjoy!
- 2 cups raw almonds, germinated
- 35 pitted dates, soaked for 1 hour and drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups raw pecans, germinated
- Cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil, to grease your pan
Combine the almonds and 10 of the dates in a food processor, and process until they are coarsely ground and clumping together.
- Grease the bottom of a 9-inch square brownie pan or a pie plate with a little cold-pressed olive oil to keep the pie from sticking to the plate.
- Press the almond-and-date mixture evenly into the bottom of brownie pan and up the sides to form a crust. Set aside.
- Combine the remaining dates, the fresh lime juice, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla in a blender or small food processor, and process until the mixture has a smooth, uniform consistency.
- Spread the date filling evenly over the crust. Arrange the raw pecans on top of the date mixture and press lightly.
- Enjoy yourself this year and have a safe and fun holiday season!
ONLY $2.99 Instant Download