Roasted Pepper and Asparagus Salad with Pecans
Here's a healthy twist for asparagus - pair it with roasted peppers and pecans for a full bodied, and a bit tangy, side dish.
- Lightly Steamed asparagus spears
- 1 Roasted Red Pepper
- small handful of Pecans (raw or soaked)
- Fresh, chopped basil leaves
- Mixed greens
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- Olive Oil
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Sea Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dijon mustard (optional)
- Lightly steam asparagus spears (cut off tough ends) and set aside.
- Roast the Pepper: Put the whole pepper on an open flame or broiler on high heat until most of the skin is brown or blackened. Remove from heat and put in a plastic bag and tightly tie the bag. Leave for about 5 minutes. Remove pepper from bag and peel off the skin; it should pretty much slide right off. Cut the remaining pepper as chopped or slices and remove the core.
- Mix: In a small bowl, mix together the chopped basil, roasted peppers and pecans and set aside.
- Make your dressing; mix the olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and sea salt with a whisk.
- Arrange Salad: Put mixed greens on your dish, lay asparagus over this then top with pepper and pecan mixture. Drizzle entire salad with your dressing.