Weight Loss Detox and Cleanse
How does a weight loss detox differ from a traditional diet? A cleanse, or detox, utilizes foods and/or supplements that are known to help your body naturally lose weight. The foods and supplements may be cleaner since the use of additives, fake nutrients or even pesticides are avoided. Removing the "burden" from your internal organs along with healthy food supplements for extra nutrition may help your body shed weight more easily and naturally.
A weight loss detox can help your body remove excess fat, which is waste that your body does not need. Toxins like pesticides and other chemicals that can made losing weight extremely difficult. Some culprit substances are found in fast food, junk food and many other processed foods. These toxic substances mainly do not leave "naturally," but get stored in fat cells and fatty tissue, making it harder to get rid of.
My name is Cindy and I have been teaching people about holistic nutrition for 18 years. For the last 15 years of my career I have taught nurses, nutritional counselors, therapists, Naturopaths, and even medical doctors the power of body cleansing. I would like to share what I have learned about weight loss while on my path:
- Excess weight is WASTE. You don't need it.
- Your body can NOT eliminate excess waste. If it could, then you could eat all the cake and pizza you want and your body would eliminate it. But It Does Not. You need to help your body with a weight loss detox.
- If you eat too much, your body stores it as waste. A weight loss detox can help your body remove this excess waste, naturally.
- If you are overweight, it's not just fat. It is built-up waste in the form of fluid retention, fat cells that are oversized due to trapped toxins, and maybe even intestinal build-up. You need to cleanse your body to help your body lose fat.
- Your liver is supposed to burn fat – if it is overworked from too many other substances like cholesterol, environmental toxins or pesticides, there will not be enough energy to metabolize all it needs to, including unhealthy fat. To counteract and survive, your body will store it.
- Drugs simply cannot replace good health and nutrition. Seriously, they can't even make a pill to safely help your body lose fat unless you are willing to lose necessary nutrients and harm yourself.
- Cravings are not merely a sign of mental weakness. Cravings are physical warning signs. You can get these under control.
Should you cleanse?
- “Organochlorine compounds are lipid soluble and tend to accumulate in adipose tissue (fat).
Persons with moderate blood levels might still have high adipose levels. Then during periods of physical stress when adipose is metabolized, such as pregnancy or dieting, these compounds can be released into the blood.”(1)
- Oranochlorine compounds are toxins from pesticides such as DDT, which has been banned in the United States since 1972. However, it is still found in a large population of Americans, in our water, and wildlife.
It is linked to various cancers, among other disease. This same study acknowledges that this toxin is resistant to metabolic breakdown.
- “This study was larger and provided more detailed information on exposure than past investigations... The results suggest that PCBs cause cancer, with malignant melanoma being of particular concern in this industry."(2)
- PCBs are soluble in fat, they stay stored in an organism's fatty tissue and can build to harmful levels over time.(3)
These are only a couple of the chemicals that are invading our bodies. As you can see not only are they harmful, but they are known to cause hormonal dysfunction, damage the liver and inhibit thyroid function.
Improper hormonal function, or hormonal imbalances, make it easier for your body to gain weight, accumulate excess fat and not allow you to lose it – no matter how hard you try.
A sluggish and over-burdened liver cannot efficiently burn fat. You have the power to help restore your liver back to its fat-burning capabilities.
Weight Loss Detox Tips
- Eliminate all processed foods and junk foods for now. These culprits can make it harder to lose weight and even induce cravings.
- Include at least 7 servings a day of organic, fresh vegetables and fruits. Eat them whole as a snack, make vegetables the center of your meal and include green salad at lest every day.
- Eliminate foods that contain white flour and white sugar during your weight loss cleanse. Reading labels to watch for these will help you to learn what foods to avoid.
- Set your goals and strive to follow through. Studies show that those who set goals are more likely to reach them.
- Drink plenty of fresh, spring water. Your body needs water to flush away the toxins as they become dislodged.
- Decide if you need nutritional supplementation; extra fiber, more protein, iron, etc. Most of us live for years by eating excess foods that contain minimal nutrients. During your weight loss detox, you can add supplements to make up for it. This practice may help you maintain energy, feel healthier, and avoid side-effects of weight loss like hair and muscle loss.
- Include daily, moderate exercise. Exercise not only raises metabolism making your entire body more efficient, but also helps your body make the feel-good hormones like seratonin.
- Meditate; many of us create bad habits due to stress. Meditation is a great way to learn to deal with stress and visualize your goals.
Environmental Health and Medicine Education: Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCBs) Toxicity
(1)[Organochlorine Pesticides in Adipose Tissue of Obese Persons from El Paso, Texas
Journal article by Keith A. Redetzke, Howard G. Applegate; Journal of Environmental Health, Vol. 56, 1993]
(2)(Loomis et al, 1997) “
[Research collected from TOXNET database of the National Library of Medicine]
(3)J E Orban, J S Stanley, J G Schwemberger, J C Remmers
Am J Public Health. 1994 March; 84(3): 439–445.
These statements are not approved by the FDA. If you decide to embark on any health, diet, exercise or weight loss program it is my responsibility to tell you to check with your doctor or health care provider, first.
Go to healthy weight loss cleanse
Colon Cleanse Home
Like on Facebook!
I had awesome results and felt the best I have in years!! This "how to" book gives everyday people a chance to reap the benefits of cleansing and detoxing. Cindy is highly knowledgeable and respected in this field. This "how to" guide offers an easy-to-follow plan. It's like having Cindy right there with you!
Jennifer S., Massage Therapist
Thank you for your site, I can tell you are passionate about cleansing and health, and the time you put into this site is greatly appreciated. It has helped me more than you can imagine.
Kaylin J., Los Angeles, CA
I was a client of Cindy's when she worked in the Los Angeles area. I am also one of the many people who encouraged her to put her program into writing. It was a worthy investment of my time and money and I believe it will help many others on their quest for health.
Barbara G., Massage Therapist and Nutritional Counselor