Weight Loss Detox
Having trouble losing weight? This type of body cleanse may help. A weight loss detox is not the same as a traditional weight loss diet.
Traditional diets used to help a person lose weight often include processed foods, frozen foods (which are highly processed), foods that contain hidden chemicals and sugars but labeled as 'light' or 'natural'. Often the goal is to eat less calories than burned and gaining enough "nutrition" without a focus on the actual source of the nutrition.
A detox, also known as a body cleanse or weight loss cleanse, utilizes foods and/or supplements that are known to help your body naturally lose weight. The foods and supplements are often considered cleaner since the use of additives, fake nutrients or even pesticides are avoided. Removing this type of burden from your internal organs along with healthy food supplements for extra nutrition may help your body shed weight more easily and naturally.
A weight loss detox can help your body remove excess fat, which is waste that your body does not need. Toxins like pesticides and other chemicals can make losing weight difficult.
Some facts about excess weight:
- Excess weight is WASTE. You don't need it.
- Your body cannot eliminate excess waste on its own; if you overeat, your body stores the excess protein and calories and you gain weight.
- If you are overweight, it is not just fat. It is a buildup of waste in the form of fluid retention, over-sized fat cells due to trapped toxins and intestinal waste buildup.
- Your liver is supposed to burn fat - if it is overworked from too many other substances such as cholesterol, environmental toxins (like pesticides), there will not be enough energy to metabolize all it needs to , including unhealthy fat.
- Drugs simply cannot replace good health and nutrition. Pills that make your body lose fat cause you to lose important healthy fats that are crucial for good health.
- Cravings are not a sign of mental weakness. They are more often physical warning signs that can be brought under control.
Can a Weight Loss Detox Help You?
Often we don't realize our foods contain substances that may cause us to gain weight easier or even hinder weight loss efforts. Some of these culprits are found in fast food, junk food and many other processed foods and they often do not leave "naturally." Instead, as our body becomes overburdened and cannot keep up, these environmental toxins get stored in fat cells and fatty tissue, making it more difficult to get rid of.
compounds are lipid soluble and tend to accumulate in adipose tissue
with moderate blood levels might still have high adipose levels.
Then during periods of physical stress when adipose is metabolized,
such as pregnancy or dieting, these compounds can be released into
compounds are toxins from pesticides such as DDT, which has been
banned in the United States since 1972. However, it is still found
in a large population of Americans, in our water, and wildlife.
- This substance is linked to various cancers, among other disease. This same study
acknowledges that this toxin is resistant to metabolic breakdown.
study was larger and provided more detailed information on exposure
than past investigations... The results suggest that PCBs cause
cancer, with malignant melanoma being of particular concern in this
are soluble in fat, they stay stored in an organism's fatty tissue
and can build to harmful levels over time.(3)
are only a couple of the chemicals that are invading our bodies. As
you can see not only are they harmful, but they are known to cause
hormonal dysfunction, damage the liver and inhibit thyroid function.
hormonal function, or hormonal imbalances, make it easier for your
body to gain weight, accumulate excess fat and not allow you to lose
it – no matter how hard you try.
sluggish and over-burdened liver cannot efficiently burn fat. You
have the power to help restore your liver back to its fat-burning
capabilities. Here are some tips to help you put together a body cleanse geared for a weight loss detox.
Weight Loss Detox Tips
all processed foods and junk foods for now. These culprits can make
it harder to lose weight and even induce cravings.
at least 7 servings a day of organic, fresh vegetables and fruits.
Eat them whole as a snack, make vegetables the center of your meal
and include green salad at lest every day.
foods that contain white flour and white sugar during your weight
loss cleanse. Reading labels to watch for these will help you to
learn what foods to avoid.
- Set goals for your weight loss detox and strive to follow through. Studies show that those who set goals are more likely to reach them.
- Drink plenty of fresh, spring water. Your body needs water to flush away the toxins as they become dislodged.
- Decide if you need nutritional supplementation; extra fiber, more protein, iron, etc. Most of us live for years by eating excess foods that contain minimal nutrients. During your weight loss detox, you can add supplements to make up for it. This practice may help you maintain energy, feel healthier, and avoid side-effects of weight loss like hair and muscle loss.
- Include daily, moderate exercise. Exercise not only raises metabolism making your entire body more efficient, but also helps your body make the feel-good hormones like seratonin.
- Meditate; many of us create bad habits due to stress. Meditation is a great way to learn to deal with stress and visualize your goals.
Don't fall into the trap that a weight loss detox is a quick jump start or an easy fix. It takes effort as with any lifestyle change, however when done right, the rewards of a healthy Weight Loss Cleanse will be worth it.
Health and Medicine Education: Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCBs)
Pesticides in Adipose Tissue of Obese Persons from El Paso, Texas
Journal article by Keith A. Redetzke, Howard G. Applegate; Journal
of Environmental Health, Vol. 56, 1993]
et al, 1997) “ [Research collected from TOXNET database of the
National Library of Medicine]
E Orban, J S Stanley, J G Schwemberger, J C Remmers Am J Public
Health. 1994 March; 84(3): 439–445. PMCID: PMC1614818
Stay up to date with the latest articles and special offers;
simply add your email below