Steps to Strengthen Immune System
Eating the right things can strengthen your immune system. It is no secret that we eat to stay alive. We are told from the time we are children that food provides energy, exercise keeps you in shape and herbs are only for those who “believe.” But there's more to it than that - these are the “tools” that can help strengthen your immune system. Here are 7 steps to get you going…
- Food provides far more than energy. The nutrients in food are your building blocks. These building blocks are used on a daily basis to make new cells including your white blood cells, also known as your immune cells. Eating plenty of healthy foods such as fruits and veggies will give you the building blocks your body will use to strengthen your immune system.
- Just as healthy food gives you the building blocks necessary to strengthen your immune system, junk food will rob your body of these nutrients leaving less than what you need to stay healthy. It takes a lot of “energy” to break down junk food. These types of foods are not easily digested and many contain chemicals that the body doesn’t recognize which may be stored as toxins. (It may be in minute amounts, but on a daily basis they add up!) So limit the “fun foods.”
- Many of us have a difficult time eating our share of veggies and fruits, so fresh-made fruit and veggie juice may be more convenient. In fact, you can drink the nutrients of 10 carrots and assimilate all of their nutrients - but it is nearly impossible to eat, digest and assimilate the same amount. This is helpful for people on the run or who like the extra nutrition.
- Exercise has been known to strengthen the body and stimulate the immune system. It gets blood flowing and helps your lymphatic system move. This will ensure that your body carries out waste while at the same time transports necessary nutrients to where it’s needed. In addition – your breathing will deepen to more efficiently carry out metabolic waste.
- Herbs are being researched more today because of their known effectiveness to help your body. Echinacea has been shown to boost the immune system, garlic helps kill bacteria and other pathogens, and a compound in goldenseal has been shown to work against infections and tumors. These are just a couple examples of how herbs work. As for side effects – there really are none. What is known is that the body changes by revving metabolism or better assimilation – a side effect you would also find by changing to a healthier diet. One thing to watch for however is your body’s reaction if you are taking medications.
- Essential Oils such as lavender and lemon oil, are proven to be effective by boosting the immune system and killing bacteria and pathogens. If you decide to use them, be sure to dilute them with a “carrier oil” such as olive, coconut or almond oil.
- Cleansing can help your body clear built up waste and stored toxins. This would help strengthen your immune system by taking away the excess burden of having to battle stored and built up toxins on a daily basis. Your immune system already has a daily bombardment of bacteria, virus and pathogens – no matter how much you wash your hands. So help your body by eliminating any excess waste.
These are just some of the things that you can do to help your body become stronger and strengthen your immune system. But remember – healthy food and herbs don’t heal your body. These are tools to help you make your body stronger so that it can do what it was made to – keep you alive and healthy.
More Ways to Strengthen Your Immune System
More Health Articles
Home from strengthen immune
Stay in Touch and Stay Healthy - Sign up for the
Free SCC Newsletter
. You will receive a password that gives you access to a member's area with exclusive articles, special offers and free downloads just for our Springclean health and cleansing community.
Benefits of signing up include:
- It is totally free
- We will never sell or give away your email address
- Password access to exclusive pages and articles written just for you
- Free and special offers
- There is no obligation - you can opt-out and any time