Doing a raw food cleanse can be a wonderful way to reset your body, aid digestion and even lose weight. But it does take practice or you could get into a nutritional deficit that may be difficult to overcome. Here are some hacks that can help you do a raw food cleanse, efficiently and effectively so you stay healthy and feel great.
A raw food cleanse is a way of clean eating, using only raw, organic produce like fresh fruits and vegetables. Raw grains may be included, but soaked, as well as nuts, sprouts and even a raw protein powder mix so you are sure to have plenty of protein on hand.
Some people like to make their own raw dressings that may include citrus juice and raw, apple cider vinegar. Others use "regular" jarred dressings and prefer to do an 80/20 raw food cleanse, meaning 80% of the diet is raw as described above, while the other 20% is not raw and may contain brewed teas, dressings, and even beans.
If this is a completely new way of eating for you, it is best to keep your raw food cleanse simple, at first. Be sure to have plenty of product on hand, salads pre-made, nuts ready to be eaten, raw granola prepared or anything that will help you get used to eating raw without feeling overwhelmed.
Vegetable juice is a staple for many starting or doing a raw food cleanse. It can be difficult to get the nutrition you feel you need, or the energy you need to continue your daily activities from eating only raw foods, especially if it's your first time. And in reality, even when eating cooked foods many of us just do not get the nutrients we need to stay feeling well. Vegetable juice is one of the easiest ways to fill this nutritional gap. While making it may take getting used to, there are some ways to make this part a little easier.
When you are doing a raw food cleanse, remember this is a type of body cleanse. Your body will be taking a break from digesting cooked foods, and often people get stronger digestion because of this. On the other hand, this leaves the body free to cleanse and clear built-up waste, which may cause some physical discomfort as this waste travels through to leave your body. To help deal with this, be sure to drink enough water throughout the day. Taking psyllium at the end of the day may help absorb toxins, making it easier to move out of your body.
Green super food supplements are used by many raw food advocates. They are easy to add to juice, smoothies or just water and provide a lot of highly beneficial protein and other phyto-nutrients that are easily absorbed. They are a bit costly, but the nutritional benefits are worth it. At the same time, many health advocates remind us that the money spent on healthy nutrition now is a lot cheaper than the cost of medical later.
If you get into raw food and find it makes you feel great, healthier or more youthful, investing in some kitchen gadgets can help you find your creativity.Dehydrators are great for making crackers, breads and other foods that can help make meals more creative and substitutes some cooked food favorites. Food Spiralizers and other handy kitchen gadgets can help you make raw spaghetti from squash, thin sliced cucumbers and other fun items for more a wider variety of creative recipes. Check out raw food recipe books for the many ideas to keep your raw food adventure interesting.
ARTICLES YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN:
Whole Body Cleanse - Learn who should, why and how to do a whole body cleanse
Foods that cleanse - Learn what foods cleanse and what food clog so you can help your body stay strong
Detox Drinks - use these with your body cleanse or as a healthy addition to your daily routine
Disclaimer: The information on this site as well as any products discussed, displayed or advertised is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, mitigate or prevent any disease. These statements are the personal belief of the author and these statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The information posted on this website is published for informational purposes only. This information should not in any way be used as a substitute for the advice of a physician or other licensed health care practitioner.
My name is Cindy and I am a Certified Holistic Nutritional Counselor, Certified Colon Hydrotherapist in the Calabasas Area of California, health researcher and author. Welcome to my site.
I was a client of Cindy's and one of the many people
who encouraged her to put her program into writing. It was a worthy
investment of my time and money and I believe it will help many
others on their quest for health.***Barbara G.,
Massage Therapist and Nutritional Counselor
This book is about holistic cleansing of the body. It gives the science behind on why eating so much junk can harm your body, and the solutions to correct your eating habits. I found this very informative and easy to read and understand. If you are looking for a new reason to change, read this. by E***Amazon Verified Review